Diabetes Wellness – Exercise & Diabetes – Hamilton, NJ – Mercer County
Working with an exercise professional who may communicate with members of your current medical team, you will participate in an exercise program appropriate for individuals with diabetes.
The purpose and guiding principle of the Diabetes Wellness Program is that you should remain as functional and independent as possible, within the restraints of your diagnoses and treatment. Through the use of exercise integrated into your current care, you main maintain and/or improve your physical well-being, emotional well-being, and overall quality of life, promoting healthy behaviors and disease management strategies.
As changes occur in your health status, team members will adapt the program to meet your individual needs.
This is an 8 week program, consisting of 16-1 hour sessions or a small group training format.
Potential Benefits of Exercise:
- Improve blood glucose control
- Improve insulin sensitivity and lower medication requirement
- Weight Management
- Improve blood circulation
- Decrease risk of cardiovascular disease, heart disease and stroke
- Increase energy levels and work capacity
- Reduce risk of Diabetes-related complications
- Reduce stress, anxiety and tension
Your Diabetes Wellness Program Navigator will coordinate with your healthcare team which may include:
- Diabetes Educators
- Physical and/or Occupational Therapists
- Exercise Professionals
Please contact us at 609-531-4131 or fill out our form for more information:
All inquiries will be returned within 24 hours.