Cancer Wellness – Exercise & Cancer – Hamilton, NJ – Mercer County
Working with an exercise professional who may communicate with members of your current treatment team, you will participate in an exercise program appropriate for your diagnoses, treatments, and current status in your cancer journey.
The purpose and guiding principle of the Cancer Wellness Program is that you should remain as functional and independent as possible, within the restraints of your diagnoses and treatments, through your personal cancer journey. Through the use of exercise integrated into your current care, you main maintain and/or improve your physical well-being, emotional well-being, and overall quality of life throughout your cancer journey.
As changes occur in your health status, team members will adapt the program to meet your individual needs.
This is an 8 week program, consisting of 16-1 hour sessions or a small group training format.
Potential Benefits of Exercise:
- Decrease fatigue and increase energy
- Reduce Depression
- Maintain physical independence
- Improve Quality of Life
- Decrease various side-effects related to treatments
- Maintain muscle, heart, and lung health & function
Potential Benefits of Exercise Post-Treatment:
- Improve physical function
- Manage chronic or late appearing side effects of treatment (fatigue, Lymphedema, neuropathy, weight gain/ loss, bone loss)
- Improve muscle, heart, and lung strength and function
Your Cancer Wellness Program Navigator will coordinate with your healthcare team which may include:
- Physicians (Medical/Surgical/Radiation Oncology)
- Social Workers
- Physical and/or Occupational Therapists
- Exercise Professionals
- Healthcare Educators
Please contact us at 609-531-4131 or fill out our form for more information:
All inquiries will be returned within 24 hours.
* This Program is appropriate for most cancer types and stages.